1. What personal information is collected?
- The only personal information we collect about you is information which you provide yourself via forms on our website, e.g. when you register with us, contact member support, or fill out a member profile.
- No personal information is collected when you access the public areas of our website.
- To subscribe for membership you will need to provide just a valid email address, your first name and surname.
- To make use of our member support service you will need to provide information relating to your query. Occasionally in order that we can provide you with the best quality member support we may ask you supply a little more information including your country, the system you are using, and answer a number of security questions which we can use to verify your identity. The questions and the answers you provide are up to you. You may opt-out of providing some of this information but it could limit the effectiveness of our member support service if you do. You may also opt-out of providing any information by simply choosing not to complete the form requesting the information, or choosing not to use that particular service.
- If you choose to, you can complete a member profile on the account settings page. You are under no obligation to fill out all or any of that page. By choosing to fill it out, you will have consented to us using all or any of the data in the manner set out below. This data will be used to bring you the best possible offers specifically tailored for you.
- We will never ask you for any financial data of any sort.
2. What other information is stored?
We generate and store logs indicating usage of our site. We do not generate or store logs of your activity in our partners’ games as you play these within our partners’ sites and not ours. Therefore we do not store ‘saved games’ or ‘game settings’ information.
3. What happens to the information provided/collected?
The information that we collect may be used:
- To help our member support service best support you, and to verify any claims or requests you make if you use our member support service.
- To enforce our terms and conditions, and prevent hacking activities against our site.
- To send service announcements which contain important information about our service, our site, or your account.
- To generate statistics regarding use of our services. We may share this information with our partners, affiliates and advertisers.
- We use your personal information for our own internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can consistently improve our sites to better meet our visitors’ and members’ needs.
- To disclose information to the extent required by law, court order, as requested by other government or law enforcement authority, or to enforce legal rights.
- Any personally identifiable information of yours that you have supplied us by filling out some or all of your member profile on the account settings page will be shared with third parties in order that you can be presented with offers by us, our business partners or advertisers. These business, affiliate partners and advertisers may therefore receive data about you that personally identifies you.
- We will present you with free gifts, discounts, special contests, special offers and other promotional activity that is sponsored by us or another company. You may be asked to provide additional information as a condition of qualifying for entry in these. If we plan to share that information with the sponsor(s) or with others, we will provide a statement to that effect in the options with terms.
- All communication on the internet takes place between pairs of IP Addresses. Our Web servers log the IP address that connections are made from. We may use these IP addresses to help diagnose technical problems or prevent abuse of our systems or other site users. Your IP address may also be used to gather data and target advertisements accordingly.
4. Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
We will only collect and store personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes. We will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided. In addition, it will take reasonable steps to assure that third parties to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
5. Archived Information
We maintain archives of our web logs, database, and other systems and information. Please note that it is possible some of this information may remain archived after we delete the information from our active database. We maintain archives for disaster recovery, legal and other non-marketing purposes.
6. Update Your Member Profile
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your membership by notifying us when you change your name or e-mail address or by accessing and amending your member profile on the account setting page. If at any time you wish to stop receiving communication from us, just sign in and e-mail the online customer support team, giving them clear instructions to delete your account.
8. More information about cookies
When you enter a site that utilises “cookies” your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie, provided your internet browser is set to accept them (most are by default). Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user. If you allow cookies, we link your personally identifiable information and cookies to any information you submit while on our site. You can also disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. For example, if you are using Internet Explorer, select “Tools > Internet Options” and then review your privacy settings or select “delete cookies”. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the services that our website has to offer.
We warmly welcome suggestions, complements and comments relating the website readable content, graphics, features, games etc. from all members.
10. Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. We have no control over those other sites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Clicking on such links may also result in virus attacks on your computer system. Please check the policies on other sites before you submit any personal data to them. We also recommend the users load an updated anti-virus protection in the systems for safety.
11. Ownership Changes
12. Security Policy – financial
We do not collect or store any payment information on members shopping on our partners’ websites. We will never ask you for any financial data. If you are asked to provide financial data of any sort you should check out the credentials of the person so asking – it will not be someone from Queen Calypso.